H-1B Visa

An H-1B visa allows a U.S. employer to hire someone with training in a specialty occupation such as IT, finance, or engineering. A specialty occupation means someone with a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant profession.

Requirements for the H-1B Visa:

A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, though other options allow an individual to qualify based on education and/or work experience.

The H-1B employer must obtain a Labor Condition Application (LCA) from the U.S. Department of Labor before filing the petition with USCIS.


An employer is required to pay at least 100% of the prevailing wage.

Duration of Stay
H-1B visas are issued for up to three years at a time for a total of up to six years. They are employer-specific but can be transferred from one employer to another, and an individual can work full or part-time. An H-1B employee may receive an extension beyond six years in some circumstances, such as when an individual is applying for permanent U.S. residence through an employer.

Spouses and Children
The spouse and minor children of an H-1B worker can live in the U.S. under H-4 status, which lets them study but not work in the U.S.

If you require assistance with the H-1B Visa, please don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange an initial consultation.

Are You In Need of Immigration Assistance?

Schedule Your Consultation Today!

Schedule Your Consultation Today!

RGM offers comprehensive representation for all employment-based visa and permanent residency matters, as well as family-based immigration and naturalization services. RGM also provides guidance to U.S. citizens who are seeking visas to work and live in other countries.